Friday, 21 November 2014

Target Audience: Age Range

Target Audience: Age Range

I have decided to follow in the footsteps of magazines such as NME and Q, and I want to do a music magazine that is a genre of indie/soft rock. The Target Audience of NME and Q are teenagers and young adults. The age range of such audience must be 15-22. My target audience is also going to be for teenagers and young adults. I will have to meet their expectations and use codes and conventions that would catch their attention. Having a younger audience would mean that the whole outlook of the music magazine would have to be different as under 14 year olds are attracted to different things. Keeping the target audience age range as 15-22 is easier as this age group is attracted by similar colours, music genres, main cover stars and articles. 

No comments:

Post a Comment